Saturday, April 15, 2006

Taxes and the why-forever-for?

Many cities in the U.S. don't have sales tax. San Francisco has an almost 10% tax on everything--including cell phone usage. This weekend and for some part of this week I have had to deal with the tax miasma. I'm not seeing the benefits of these taxes. This money is being spent on military items: nuclear warheads, bombs of all sorts and components, artillery and etc.

So tonight I will pick up my taxes over in Berkeley and see a friend who doesn't want to watch my Truffaut film. So I will go over there and deal with being there and wishing I could go to the ashram. Unfortunately, the ashram experienced mud slides this week that would prevent people from coming tonight. They're holding the meditation at a school nearby to the ashram. Since I'm depressed about going back to work at an elementary school, I can't face going to a school tonight. So, I'm in the words of one of my ashram friends, "I'm taking care of business." Busy-ness. Maybe I'll try to make it a meditation rather than a drudge.

No comments: