Friday, February 22, 2008

Planet Glee is punk--if you want!

Tonight found me in the Flash studio at accessf for another production of Planet Glee. I brought a Ganesh with me, because I couldn't find my bag with the crystals I usually use. Of course, Ganesh brought many blessings to the show.

Although my guest admitted he was nervous at the beginning of the show, all was told and not told on the show tonight. My guest was a friend of mine, Dave Taub, who has studied comedy at a comedy school here in San Francisco. He is a funny guy, and we had alot of larfs this evening.

I didn't know that his schtick was going to be the US presidential election. He flatly told me on air that he was voting for himself for president and he wasn't taking any donations to his campaign. It went on for a while. The political system in this country is abominably inhumane. But do I want to talk about that on Planet Glee?

You were correct if you wrote "NOTA." That's what one of my family said when they referred to the February California elections.

And, meanwhile, we got three callers! It was memorable. The people who called in were not rude or drunk or something. They were sincere and honest and were thinking about justice and peace and desirable states of being. I felt so honored that they were watching my show. It is kind of a punk meets new age alternitiva.

For the musical portion of the show, Dave sang a medley of songs about peace while I tried to play four/four on my tabla. It was really hilarious.

No comments: