Sunday, February 03, 2008

Planet Glee was a huge larf.

Friday night saw another version of the SF Live call-in show Planet Glee. Friday night must bring it out in those of us who consider Saturday and Sunday the "weekend." Anyway, Bro Jud Presmont was my guest along with his friend and filmmaker Larry Sweetman. I have known Bro Jud for years. I have been on The Bro Jud on Love Energy show for years. It was the first time that I was interviewing Jud on my own show--as it were!

Bro Jud's adage, "if it ain't fun, it won't get done" was in full force that evening. Every guest I've had has worried about what we're going to talk about. I worry that no one will call in to ask a question or liven up the show. After all, everything is political, and that's Planet Glee's message.

Larry Sweetman had returned recently from Ecuador with a film production ensemble from Oakland. Together they documented the ravaging of the rainforest and its effects on the people who live there by American oil companies. Now this Planet Glee guest is to document Bro Jud's efforts to get his "Plan" and ideas heard. Mr. Sweetman is from Ireland.

I don't think that Jud knows my last name. Often, a person's last name points to a particular culture or ethnicity. Like Larry, I grew up in a culture dominated by Irish music, conversation, customs, etc. When Jud called said that the Irish represent the most Neanderthal of people, Larry and I couldn't stop laughing.

No comments: