Friday, February 08, 2008

What a weird and wonderful night.

Another edition of Planet Glee took place this evening. I dropped off my car at the garage on Valencia to leave it until tomorrow. I hope major things are not wrong with it. Taking the bus can be difficult!!! Tonight I walked six blocks on Valencia from 16th to 23rd--no bus in sight.

Meanwhile the show went ok. I need to get a refresher on the Flash studio course. I don't know how to turn on the cameras nor the monitor. Tonight the person who helps me get set up was sick. I had to type in the character generator. My guest was sitting there while I was typing her name in. She could see in the monitor what her name looked like. After I got home (along the way a local Bernal guy asked me for Bro Jud's phone number--I didn't give it to him because he was drunk), my guest called to say that her last name was this and not that.

It's all good, is what I have to say about it. At first, after I had listened to the message, I thought, "But you were sitting right there--couldn't you have corrected me then?" But it's nobody's fault. As Bro Jud would say: it was cosmic humor.

All the while I've been missing some good films, and I still don't have a dvd player. That is why I have not reviewed any films in a while. Because most people are celebrating Chinese New Year, and because I can make masks, a teacher at the school where I work asked me to make a mask of Father Heaven and one of Father Earth.

She could have at least have given me materials. I should have asked for them. I really have my own art projects to do. But I feel that I can use the masks in my portfolio of art I didn't get paid to do. I am hoping that my payment will be in receiving a new assistant in addition to the ones I have working with me on the job!

No comments: