Sunday, December 16, 2007

JEANETTE ET MARIUS

The film MARIUS is a famous early film from France (I think it's from the late 1930's). This film is set in Marseilles. JEANETTE ET MARIUS, a film from 1997, ia set in Marseilles. I recommend viewing this film. It has much to say about love and society.

But I digress. I really want to talk about the nature of having sex with someone one has just met and knows is not going to be any more than one night of sex. Last Christmas I almost did the one-night stand thing with someone I met at some longtime friends' party. We kissed but didn't go home together because my housemate was with us.

This year I had to see this person again. He took my phone number at the party a year ago and never called me. I never ran into him with my friends. Tonight he was such a complete asshole. When I was in my twenties and thirties, I was never treated this way...like some fucking saint who overlooks the stupidity, vapidity and shallowness of another person in the name of feeling like justice has been served. The saint is a martyr. The other person is just being a moronic human being. The saint is exalted.

I was a fucking saint tonight. I told this guy he was a straight (meaning conservative, drinker type) asshole. He is so stupid to me. But the one is who is really vacant is me. This guy is 22-years-old with maybe a high school education. I'm the one with all the education of a newt following the fragrance of my cunt toward what is merely meat. It's time to buy some veggie dogs.

Jeannette get together with Marius in the aforementioned film because they are contemporaries, they understand one another. Actually, I don't think it's an ageist thing with me. It's a question of intelligence. If you're cognitively impaired by ignorance or lack of empathy, then you're probably really happy. There's only oneself and one's shallowness to puddle around in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, yeah, you probably capture the attention of more men than you know. It's just the ones that don't really have much to risk that get your attention maybe.

Finally, the happiness thing. I think you really over simplify. Happiness as you characterize it doesn't sound like something to look forward to at all. Ignorance just makes happiness easier to attain. But I seem to recall you laughing--rather heartily--at various ironies from the past. Isn't that happiness too? Happiness in recognition?