Thursday, November 25, 2010

The Warfield, The Cult and The Immigrant Song

I am getting disgusted. Craig Ferguson is talking about his birth culture on american television, trying to be sexy or something. What makes it funny is that he is wearing a french/italian, humongous, cookie monster chef's hat. It is the day before thanksgiving. I hope not as many turkeys are killed this year...truthahn, in german. Thanksgiving is gross and incessant...let's go down to the the reservation.

It will be really awesome to be able to drown my skull in music. Tonight I went out to the Warfield where I saw The Wiz and Run DMC and The Red Hot Chili Peppers in the late eighties. It was weird seeing "Jason Bonham's Led Zeppeling Tribute Band" tonight. They didn't play any of the songs from Led Zeppelin III. I looked up "Gallows Pole" on youtube, and it is actually Lead Belly song. And then I looked at Odette's version and her very different guitar.

THEN, bored and vegan, I was looking at Facebook and saw a posting for a show for The Cult in England. I love them so much. I saw them at the Warfield. I was so involved that I didn't look at the mural of the angels on the arch of the upper level seating. When they came out, I really wanted to see them and I still do.

And, why didn't I get to hear "The Immigrant Song."

No comments: