Thursday, March 17, 2005

The orange and the green without the wheel.

MSN Hotmail - Today
Today was another Hallmark holiday. However this one benefits the bar scene and purveyors of alcohol, a poison. A friend of mine was telling me that there is a whole ritual around the drinking of alcohol. I believe this is true. When I didn't have the choice of spiritual convictions, I went to Catholic school. The only thing I liked about it was the incense. The same is true of bars. They have a distinct scent. Pepe le Peeuw (sp?) would be proud.

Meanwhile, Irish people of all descents have converged today. I like that aspect of things. It's like imagining you're from India, a country with a green and orange and white flag, too. But it's flag sets it apart from the drinking people. It has a chakra in the center. There is a spiritual component to the flag. Just like Korea's, for example. Today I am Korean and Indian and Irish with just a distant piece of Denmark. Just today. Tomorrow I'm exploring Chad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess the exploration went well!